BEING PREPARED FOR YOUR BIG DAY
Our wedding day is one of the most special days that we look forward to in our lifetime. There are a few simple things that you can do to help make your day run smoothly and be one you cherish forever.
- In the lead up to the last few days before the wedding try to have your time schedule/run sheet finalized. This will ensure your bridal party and the professionals you have hired know where to be and what time to be there.
- Ensure you & your bridal party's hair is washed the day/evening prior and is allowed to air dry. Don't use any form of heat or products in the hair.
- If possible get a good night's sleep. Don't consume too much alcohol and salty food unless you want to end up with tired,puffy eyes in the morning!
- Upon waking try and allow yourself 20-30 minutes of quiet/alone time. Whether this be; meditating, doing Yoga, walking/jogging or simply lying in bed getting excited about your big day!
- Wash your face and apply your regular moisturizer.
- Dress in something comfortable and nothing too tight that might leave indentations on your skin. A button down shirt/gown is ideal and allows your hairstyle and makeup to stay in tact.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. You probably will have butterfly's in your stomach but eating a balanced breakfast of carbohydrates & protein will give your body energy and fuel to keep you going well into the evening.
- It's helpful to have a space in mind for your makeup/hair artists to set up. Somewhere with good natural light if possible and a table and near by power-point is handy for your artists to set up all their tools.
- Pack a few cotton buds,blotting papers,bobby pins and lip gloss for touch ups throughout the day/evening.
- Position yourself to have your makeup/hair done in the middle of your bridal party. This allows for any extra time if required and most importantly so you don't feel rushed.
- Aim to have everyone's makeup/hair completed so that you have 45 minutes to spare before your photographer arrives or before you leave for the ceremony. This gives everyone time to get changed,eat/drink & relax a bit before the formalities of the day kick off.
- Most of all,sit back and just take in all the wonderful happenings going on around you. The days does go rather quickly so make the most of every minute of your day and enjoy being pampered and looked after. Your wedding day is about letting go,having fun and allowing the professionals to take care of all the details for you. All your planning is about to unfold in front of your eyes so don't miss a thing!